- Physician Hospitals of America, or PHA, offers support, advocacy and educational services to the physician owned hospital industry, reflecting at all times the best interests of the patients, physicians, and other providers who play an inextricable and essential role in the provision of healthcare services.
- PHA envisions a healthcare system focused primarily on quality patient care, in which physicians are involved in every aspect of delivery.
- PHA believes that when physicians are directly involved in every aspect of the delivery of healthcare, the patient directly benefits.
- PHA considers the physician ownership model as the preeminent means of ensuring the provision of high quality, efficient care, unequaled access, patient choice, and price transparency.
- PHA recognizes that patients must have a right to access clear and understandable information regarding the cost of their healthcare; that patients have a right to information that will assist them in choosing the best quality care available; and that in order for the healthcare industry to best serve patients they must be educated, responsible consumers.
- PHA believes that all providers and participants in the healthcare industry must work together to navigate the issues, undertake a major industry "renovation” and, ultimately, establish an effective, competitive and practical healthcare system.
- PHA will support its members in their efforts to advance the quality and availability of healthcare in their specific communities.
- PHA will provide Members Services in a positive format to support continuing education, networking, communication and collaboration on current trends and ideas.
- PHA will advocate for the interest of physician owned hospitals on the federal level and support state and local level advocacy, while encouraging members to become or remain politically engaged. PHA will seek to enhance healthcare standards of patient care through industry benchmarking and quality improvement initiatives.
- PHA will promote collaboration within individual healthcare communities and will at all times support efforts that encourage all levels of the healthcare system to perform at exemplary levels.